Thursday, January 11, 2007

Give it a shot

I am not really sure at what point I really decided to do this, perhaps it was too much time in front of the computer and not enough of enjoying life's pleasures like fresh dry powder snow, perhaps it was the dreary existence of a office job that although seems promising, was really just a job and nothing to get excited about. Every other part of my life seemed sweet, a great fiancee, a nice house and dog, good friends and family. Apart from being legally blind and deaf I am relatively healthy.

But did i really want to spend all my day at work thinking about what ifs? I just really wanted to.

I suppose my biggest weakness in all this is that i am blissfully unaware. It is my trademark weakness. I am confident with what I dont know. This is a weak point because it is important to know. It is so simple it almost sounds counter intuitive, but it can sure as hell make you look like a fool. I am in some respects naive but I dont care, in the process, I leave myself wide open.

So one week to go. and thirty hours of travelling from old Sydney town to Kimberley. in the Kootenays, British Columbia, Canada. meh. Keating was right with one thing. we are at the arse end of the world.

No comments: