Friday, January 26, 2007

Australia Day in the Canadian Rockies

So I did my thing, ate vegemite toast for breakky, sang stoopid Australian songs on the way to the slopes, went hard until lunch, then had a couple of wobbly pops with the Australian disabled skiing team in the afternoon sun. Very groggy but happy.

Skied in the morning with Shannon Dallas and Scott my guide. Shannon is an awesome skier, I had to keep pinching myself to believe I was skiing with two of the best disabled skiers from Australia. Shannon and Scott both agreed it would be a shame if I didnt try and race.

Didnt really concentrate on anything but going fast and stability and being a good Aussie. Spoke with Steve Graham at the end of the day who wants me to do some regionals in Australia during our season. Hopefully I can get some points for World Cup qualification.

Very tired today after the liquid lunch. Left calf muscle is cramping up. Trying to stretch it out but it seems to make it worse.

Tommorrow another day. Tommorrow I will post the details of a typical day of training. It will probably give you a better insight into the extent to which the disabled skiers go to get onto the slopes, nothing short of amazing.

World Cup finished today. No more medals for Australia. The team goes back to Vail for another weeks training. Hopefully next year I might be in that team.

caio


No comments: